Monterey meat products are now part of everyday Filipino life. With its "farm to market" concept, the Filipino consumer is assured of quality meats for every meal.
Monterey's commitment to total quality extends from its farm to nationwide distribution network. Its quality meat products are delivered by refrigerated Monterey trucks and are available in in supermarkets (Monterey Meatshop), in stand-alone meatshops (Monterey Meatshop Plus) and other retail outlets (Monterey Meat Express)
There are already more than 400 Meatshops operating nationwide.
The Monterey Meatshop
Monterey Neighborhood Meatshops are stand-alone outlets that exclusively sell a wide range of Monterey pork, beef and selected lamb products, Monterey Ready-to-Cook Meats, Magnolia Chicken products, Purefoods hotdogs and other selected San Miguel products. Each Monterey Meatshop boasts of modern meat fabrication equipment and display showcase. It is manned by a crew of butchers and merchandisers trained in the Monterey Meatshop School to assure customers of courteous and efficient service.
Monterey will continue to expand its franchise network, true to its commitment of providing Filipino families with world-class meat products. We invite you to be part of this commitment and growth. Invest in a Monterey Meatshop and be a part of our growing family of franchisees.
The Monterey Franchise Formula
Why consumers choose Monterey
Guaranteed Fresh, Guaranteed Disease Free
Monterey meats are chilled via a unique, advance blast-chilling process right after slaughter. This neutralizes bacterial growth and ensures that freshness are locked in. Monterey meats are also checked daily by the National Meat Inspection Commission to guarantee that it is disease-free.
Monterey hogs and cattle are Grade-A imported breeds subjected to strict growing and feeding practices-for leaner, higher quality meats.
Monterey pork comes from grain-fed hogs that produce healthy, lean and parasite-free meat. The beef comes from imported Australian cattle fattened with grain and protein concentrates to produce tender and wholesome steaks and other beef cuts.
Monterey, hogs and cattle are handed with much care-from breeding up to slaughtering and storage. Its animals are rested just prior to processing to prevent muscles from becoming though due to stress. This procedure helps improve meat tenderness.
How You Can Join the Monterey family.
- For franchising inquiries contact:
San Miguel Foods, Inc.
18F JMT Corporate Condominium
ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Telephone Number: 317-5000 / 317-5569
Mobile: (0917) 841 5772 (Mr. Paul Orlando A. Perez)
Franchise Fee = 336,000
Construction = 800,000
Equipment & Supplies = 1,900,000
Merchandising Materials = 20,000
Meat Inventory= variable
Royalty Fee 2% of monthly purchase
Advertising Fee 1% of monthly purchase
Estimated Initial Investment: Approximately P3 to 3.5 Million, depending on the size of the meat shop
1. For interested franchisees, submit a letter of intent to San Miguel Foods Inc. Kindly include the area/location you are interested in. For site owners who are interested to have their commercial space leased, submit a proposal with the complete address and sketch of the exact location of the proposed site.
2. Interested franchisee will accomplish & submit the application form for evaluation and screening.
3. The site will undergo trade area survey and computation of site potential , and is subject for approval by Monterey Management.
4. Applicant makes a presentation of the business plan to our Franchisee Selection Panel as part of the screening process.
5. Sign the Franchise Agreement upon approval of application
6. Plan & implement activities for development
7. Attend the training (Monterey Meatshop School).
8. Organize Branch Opening
Application Process 45 Days
Construction and Manpower training 45 Days
- What Monterey Meatshops have to Offer
- Monterey fresh pork and beef products
Monterey Ready-to-Cook Meats
Magnolia Chicken Station Products
Magnolia Brown Eggs
Magnolia Milk, Butter, Cheese & Cooking Oil
Purefoods selected cold cuts and canned goods
other selected San Miguel products
- Monterey fresh pork and beef products
- Support Services
- Store design
Training of franchisee and crew
- Store design
- Area Requirement
Hungry Juan offers tasty and affordable chicken and meat - based meals and snacks to consumers on-the-go.
Hungry Juan is Best Flavor, Best Value and made from Magnolia Chicken and Monterey Meats guaranteeing Safe Chicken and meat products that nourish "Hungry Juan : Busog ka sa Sarap!"
Be a Part of the Hungry Juan Family
1. Contact our Business Development
San Miguel Foods Inc
17/ F The JMT Corporate Condominium
ADB Avenue Ortigas Center Pasig City
Tel. No. (02) 702-JUAN (5826)
Fax No. (+632) 631-9872
Email Add: firstname.lastname@example.org
Franchise fee (vat inc) * = P 56,000.00
Equipment (vat inc) ** = P 250,000.00 - P 600,000.00 (Depends on outlet type)
Rotisserie Oven, Char Griller,
Griddle w/Deep Fryer, Food Warmer,
Gas tank, solid top chest freezer and Rice Cooker
Estimated Initial Investment = P 300,000.00 - P 600,000.00
- Includes training of personnel in product handling, product preparation, food-safety, product serving, & business building/development
- Separate cost for Store watch Mobile POS
- Initial Stocks & Freight Cost not included c/o Franchisee
- 3 years contract
(Payable to accredited suppliers)
- Submit a letter of Intent and location map with pertinent information on your target area.
- A site evaluation will be conducted by a representative from San Miguel Foods Inc. Complementing or competing business nearby will also be identified.
- Upon Approval of the site, applicant will submit application from with feasibility study, marketing plan and required business documents.
- San Miguel Foods Inc. will conduct a final interview with the applicant.
*Payable to San Miguel Foods Inc
Q: Is there any special payment/installment schemes for those who are interested to franchise?
A: Yes. The franchise fee of P56,000 shall be paid up-front, once contract has been signed. As for the equipment, the suppliers shall allow special payment schemes as facilitated by San Miguel Foods Inc.
Q: Regarding the equipment, can the franchisee use other suppliers other than those prescribed?
A: No. The suppliers are prescribed because their equipment have undergone rigorous testing, designed to simulate the actual day-to-day operation of the outlet. In addition, the rates have been negotiated to effect corporate rates.
Q: What is the expected ROI of Hungry Juan?
A: Each outlet will have its own ROI, depending on factors such as traffic count, product mix and location. Prior to operating a Hungry Juan outlet, each franchisee MUST accomplish a feasibility study which aims to examine the location of the outlet and determine the above-mentioned factors, which will be incorporated in the outlet's P&L scenario.
Q: If I want to become a franchisee of Hungry Juan, what are the initial steps and with whom shall I coordinate with?
A: The first step is to submit a letter of intent, which signifies your interest to operate a Hungry Juan outlet in a chosen location. This should be submitted to / coordinated with:
San Miguel Foods Inc
17th Floor, JMT Corporate Condominum,
ADB Avenue, Ortigas, Pasig City
Tel # (02) 702 – JUAN (5826),
Fax # (+632) 631-9872