Asian Pork Roll
1 kg MONTEREY PORK CUTLETS, thinly-sliced
5 pc nori / Japanese seaweed
10 slices PUREFOODS FIESTA HAM
1/2 cup cubed dried mangoes
1/4 cup diced green and red bell peppers
1 (225 g) pack MAGNOLIA CREAM CHEESE, softened
6 pc rock sugar*
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp char siu sauce
*1 piece rock sugar = 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl. Blend well. Set aside.
- Place the pork cutlets on a flat surface. Place a sheet of nori on top then the ham. Spread prepared filling on top.
- Carefully roll the meat and secure with a string. Do the same for the remaining pork cutlets.
- Melt sugar in a saucepot over low heat. Add the pork rolls and coat evenly with melted sugar.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Adjust heat to medium and add enough water to cover the meat. Allow to cook for about 20 to 30 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked but not dry. Remove cutlets from sauce and set aside.
- Let sauce boil until reduced to almost a glaze.
- Slice pork roll. Serve with sauce.
Makes 15 to 20 servings.