Your favorite Mexican dishes have finally come to your own home. Tasty, fun and easy to prepare this wonderful snake or appetizer will surely highlight your gatherings. Combined with a wonderful Chili sauce this is one dish that will sure spice up your parties.
1/4 cup DARI CREME CLASSIC
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 kg MONTEREY GROUND BEEF
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp iodized fine salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
200 grams MAGNOLIA QUICKMELT CHEESE, grated
1 cup sour cream
12 pc store-bought 6" flour tortillas
1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
1 (400 mL) can chunky tomato sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp pepper
- Melt margarine in a saucepan. Sauté onions and ground beef. Cook until beef turns brown. Add chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin. Continue cooking until mixture is very dry.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef from pan and transfer to a bowl. Stir in half of grated cheese and half of sour cream. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Divide beef mixture evenly among tortillas. Place meat in the center of each tortilla and roll to secure filling. Arrange tortilla rolls side by side on a baking dish. Set aside.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and add remaining sour cream and grated cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- In the same sauté pan used for beef, sauté bell peppers until tender. Add tomato sauce and spices. Season with hot sauce. Allow to boil then remove from heat.